The Mint Museum’s COVID-19 Updates
We at The Mint Museum recognize the ongoing concern about coronavirus (COVID-19). We care deeply about the well-being of our community, and for this reason, both museum locations, as well as the Mint Museum stores, will be closed until further notice. All programming and events during this time have been rescheduled or canceled.
Staff will be available and reachable to answer questions. Please call 704-337-2000 for inquiries. Members of senior leadership will continually review recommendations and adjust policies, as needed, following the recommendations of the US Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and government advisement.
As a part of the Charlotte community for more than eight decades, we support local and global efforts to keep the city strong and well. Thanks to each of you for your support, your solidarity, and all you’re doing to keep the community safe and healthy during this trying time.
We encourage you to visit this page and the Mint calendar regularly for updates regarding programming, procedure, and more. We also encourage you to follow us on social media (The Mint Museum on Facebook, @themintmuseum on Instagram, and @themintmuseum on Twitter) for updates on scheduled events, tours, and happenings.
How can you help?
Please follow these basic precautions recommended by the CDC. These include:
- Cleaning your hands often. Wash with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after being in a public place, blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing. Use hand sanitizer if soap and water aren’t available.
- Avoid touching your face with unwashed hands, particularly your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- If you cough or sneeze, use a shirt sleeve or tissue, not your hands. Then, wash your hands again.
- Greet others without handshakes or hugs. Opt for waves or an elbow bump. Practice social distancing.
- If you aren’t feeling well and are experiencing any flu-like symptoms, please stay home.
We at the Mint thank you for your support, for your interest, and for your attention to the ongoing concerns. If you have any specific questions or concerns, please call 704.337.2000.