Show your love with tie-dye hearts
This is a fun and easy project that can be used to share messages of hope and support with those you love.
- Paper coffee filters
- Spray bottle for water
- Sharpie (optional)
- Protective table covering (ink from the markers will bleed through the coffee filter)
1. Use your markers to create designs and patterns on the coffee filters.
2. When you are finished, place coffee filters on an old towel or disposable table covering. Spray the coffee filters lightly with water. Start with just a few sprays and watch the colors spread. You only need to spray one side. (Be careful not to use too much water or all your ink will bleed out.)
3. When the coffee filters have dried, fold them in half and cut out the shape of half a heart with the fold down the center.
4. Put glue around the edge of one side of the heart. Use small pieces of crumpled-up filters or recycled paper as stuffing. Place the top filter over the stuffing and press down on the glued edges to form a pocket.
5. Add glue to the other side of the heart, add a few more pieces of crumbled paper, and press seams together.Let glue dry.
6. Write a word to reflect on or a message to share with someone you love.
Challenge: Make several more hearts and string them together to form a garland or banner.
Simplify: Pre-cut filters into heart shapes.